Pentana Solutions Pty. Ltd., a global company with its HQ situated in Melbourne, specialise in the development and supply of automotive software tailored to dealerships. With over 500 staff in 13 locations around the globe, our products and services extend to over 100 countries with over 50,000 daily users. As a company, we recognise our people are our greatest asset. Our core values support our vision and shape our culture. En.R.I.T.C.H - Enjoyment, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Communication and Honesty. All our employees understand and live by these values which leads to our success.
If you want to join a team who are continually driving toward the future, an exciting opportunity now exists for a Database Specialist to join our Infrastructure department.
Reporting directly to the Platforms & Certification Manager, this role will work closely with the development and infrastructure team to improve our existing database implementations and define new internal standards to improve supportability, security, and performance .
The role will also involve troubleshooting and assisting to diagnose issues with these same solutions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review the current data base implementations
- Define and update the procedure for database implementations
- Troubleshoot and provide support for Database Performance Issues
- Review and address support incidents in a timely manner
- Support Development and Infrastructure teams with special projects
- Update and prepare communications on the progress of projects and tasks
WHO YOU ARE:
- MS SQL DBA
- Tertiary Qualifications in relevant field
- Broad level of experience with database application servers
- 3-5 Years’ Experience
- Experience with architecting highly available databases.
- Experience with Installation of database application servers on windows and linux.
- Experience troubleshooting and remediating performance issues with databases
Knowledge & Skills
- Be delivery and results focused
- Have great attention to detail and sets high standards
- Strong time management skills to set priorities, resolve issues and make decisions
- Desire and strong interest in following and evaluating new technologies
- Ability to communicate with management and customers at all levels
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure
- Team player with a positive, CAN DO attitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to join a passionate group of highly experienced people in an inclusive local and global team.
Other benefits include: THRIVE - our holistic wellbeing program and EnRITCHme - our Learning and Development framework, where we aim to create a workplace that inspires continuous personal and professional growth. Work-life balance, inclusive culture, community and social events, and awards and recognition for your work.