The role is responsible for the support of all MDS and Enterprise Solutions products and services. The role serves as a primary Under the direction of the Line Manager, the Customer Support consultant provides Level 2 support for the MDS team and customers. Serves as the primary escalation point in the team for internal and external customers for, but not limited to, Application, Systems and Network issues relating to IBM System iSeries (AS 400), Parex/ParexPlus and corresponding Windows environments relating to MDS operations, and other Pentana products/services as required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Accurate recording and documenting of incidents and resolutions
- Prompt answering of phones in a professional manner
- Early shift monitoring on Parex/ParexPlus items.
- Excellent analysis and communication skills when liaising with dealers, clients and colleagues.
- Prompt and accurate resolution of Customer problems and questions in a professional manner
- Performing System checks to ensure processes have completed including follow ups with customers.
- System i - System Operator / Administration duties as required for the role.
- Involvement in Disaster Recovery planning and testing (performing and scheduling)
- Scheduling and Deploying System i Operating System Patches.
- Communicating clearly with customers regarding the status and progress of incidents and resolutions.
- Trouble shooting, IBM System i, Windows Servers, Pentana Solutions Distribution Applications, JWalk, WilComm and Cognos applications, Parex/ParexPlus, Parts Eye, Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC), and other MDS products.
- Action and resolve incidents within the Service Level Agreements set by Pentana Solutions
- Creating technical and user documentation including Knowledge articles on specific issues.
- Follow procedures and standards set by the company
- Management of Backup tapes and the backup process, including Full System Saves.
- PC Support over the phone for dealers and customers
- Onsite installation and support if and when required.
- Provide appropriate application support when required.
- Assisting Pentana Solutions Colleagues as required to deliver incident resolutions in a timely manner.
- Preparation of reports as required. Providing analysis on tickets in queue and addressing recurring issues.
- Proactively work on building and training the Level 1 team skillsets to increase efficiency.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent education.
- Background in the Automotive industry is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge on the following:
- RPG, ILE, CL, SQL, Query and IBM iSeries, AS400
- Service Now or any similar incident management system.
- ITIL Foundation
- Disaster Recovery, Planning and testing
- Deployment of Operating system Patches
- Management of back up tapes and back up processes
- At least 4 years experience in Customer Support or Technical Support environment
- Excellent English Communication Skills – written and spoken
- Strong attention to details and accuracy of work.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strategic and critical thinking mindset and coaching ability
- Possessing strong business acumen
- Ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously
- Willing to work on rotating shifts 24/7 and/or public holidays as the business may require (i.e. early morning or late shifts).
- Excellent work ethics – reliable, punctual, honest, self-motivated, responsible
- Proactive and highly organised, with the ability to prioritise concurrent deadlines.
- Significant capacity for self-initiated self-development.