Pentana Solutions Pty. Ltd., a global company with its HQ situated in Melbourne, specialise in the development and supply of automotive software tailored to dealerships. With over 500 staff in 13 locations around the globe, our products and services extend to over 100 countries with over 50,000 daily users.
As a company, we recognise our people are our greatest asset. Our core values support our vision and shape our culture. En.R.I.T.C.H - Enjoyment, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Communication and Honesty. All our employees understand and live by these values which leads to our success.
If you want to join a team who are continually driving toward the future, an exciting opportunity now exists for a .Net Back-End Developer.
Reporting to the Development Manager Innovations the .Net Back-End Developer is responsible for analyzing current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. To succeed as a backend developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
- Provide support to proper and others department managing incidents
- Estimate effort for changes as required for new products and features and repairing defects
- User Interface design and consulting for other Pentana Solutions products
Who you are:
- Software development/engineering qualification
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as .Net Core, VB.Net, C#.Net, Java, PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required
- A background in the automotive industry is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Knowledge of English language
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and motivated