Pentana Solutions Pty. Ltd., a global company with its HQ situated in Melbourne, specialise in the development and supply of automotive software tailored to dealerships. Our current leadership position within the automotive IT industry stems from vast industry experience, technological knowledge and years of continual product development. With over 500 staff in 13 locations around the globe, our products and services extend to over 100 countries with over 50,000 daily users.
At the heart of our organisation, lays our En.R.I.TC.H values – our cultural values we pride ourselves on - Enjoyment, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Communication, and Honesty. As a company, we recognise our people are our greatest asset; we value attitude as well as aptitude and provide opportunities to those who demonstrate the ability and drive to succeed in their roles.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a .NET Developer to join our Innovations Team working on our DocuSmart product. This role will involve writing, testing and maintaining DocuSmart to our systems and application specifications. You will also be involved with review and assisting in developing coding standards when necessary and provide technical consultation and training to IT associates and users.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake programming tasks entailing the design, coding, testing and documentation of applications, database software, etc
- Analyse and make modifications to and maintenance of programs and procedures
- Assist with testing and bug fixing
- Preparation of documents detailing the design, operations, troubleshooting and maintenance of applications
- Ensure all tasks are completed according to schedule and meet the necessary standards
- Undertake the programming tasks that provide structured framework for Pentana Solutions applications
- Report accurate updates on task status and key performance metric data.
- Provide technical support to clients and other associates
- Assist in training of other associates as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in Designing, Developing and Implementing client/server applications, web development (Angular) and web APIs, using C# with Microsoft .Net Core and/or .NET Framework 4.6 or later
- Proficiency with database concepts designs and query languages (SQL & T-SQL), writing stored procedures and function, good understanding of database transactions, and database performance
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience using version control systems (GIT / TFS)
- Having exposure Crystal Reports, RabbitMQ and microservices would be an advantage
- Understand Agile Scrum concept using JIRA/TFS
- Worked in a team environment and also coordinated with business/functional team
- Ability to work autonomously on projects through to delivery
- A background in the automotive industry is highly desirable
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates
- Experience working in team environments on projects under source control
- A solid understanding of business processes and demonstrated business analysis skills