An exciting opportunity now exists for a QA Analyst to join our Innovations team based in the Philippines Office. The role of the QA Analyst is to test software changes that have been created by the Innovation team and ensure that they are correct in their function and have the right quality prior to being released to customers.
The Quality Analyst will also validate that assigned software changes meet their function as described in the functional specification and that they have been built and are ‘fit for purpose’. This is a pivotal role and one that is responsible for the quality of software development.
- Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create test plans of any assigned development changes
- Maintain test scripts for assigned test plans
- Test software changes according to test plans and functional specifications
- Report and track software defects to the Quality Team Leader and Innovation team
- Maintain test data and environments to maintain testing integrity
- Perform regression testing on the potential impact of changes on other areas of the product
- Create user and installation documentation when required
- Work with project team to deliver development deadlines as agreed with the business or customer according to the Pentana Solutions Software Development life cycle; including
- Managing the associated workload and allocation of tasks
- Software testing standards
- User documentation
- Installation and support sign-off
- Maintain test plans/scripts to ensure that they are current and useful for automation tools
- Provide customer support during pilot and release process
WHO YOU ARE:
- Solid enterprise level software QA experiences
- Testing qualifications and experience
- API testing and test automation experience.
- Skills required:
- Basic Unix Skills
- SQL and Database knowledge and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Test cases, preparation and execution using Jira or similar softwares
- Good understanding of programming languages such as: .Net, C#, C++ or Visual Basic.
- Knowledge and experience in the accounting/finance & Showroom and Service field is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of automotive business processes, Accounting, Vehicles, Parts
- Previous experience with testing complex user interfaces
- Experience in the test and release coordination
- A background in the automotive industry is highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at once
- Be pragmatic when approaching tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Pragmatic approach to resolving issues
- Willing to work on shifting schedules or Philippines holidays.