R.I.T.C.H. Goes Green
The R.I.T.C.H. Foundation has cared for many within our local community, the foundation would also like to encourage caring for the environment.
We are all becoming more aware of the changes in the environment and the need to find environmentally friendly ways at home and at work. We aim to minimize the impact our business has on the environment and make efficient use of energy, water and paper.
We would like to propose the following environmentally friendly business practices:
- All office computers are shut down and screens turned off at the end of each day
- Electronic equipment – photocopies, printers etc – to be turned off each afternoon before you leave the building
- Printer settings are defaulted to duplex, double side printing
- Wherever possible email messages are read on screen and not printed
- All used paper is recycled - confidential and general documentation are separated
- All printer and facsimiles toners are recycled
- Meeting room lights, heating, air conditioning, Data Projectors are switched off when vacating the room
- If you notice a tap dripping or left on – turn it off or report it to maintenance
- Reduce the amount of plastic cups used – remember to refill your water bottle from the dispenser
We continue to explore environmentally friendly alternatives and welcome any practical suggestions.